Horse field tortoise (not growing)

Jo robe

Location (City and/or State)
Redruth
I have two horse field tortoises one is growing well ,the other is not eating and is very small, both are 11months old

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We see this all the time when tortoises are kept in pairs in the same enclosure. It's not overt, and not obvious to the keeper, but the bigger tortoise is bullying the smaller one. He's letting the smaller one know he's not wanted in this territory and get out! The smaller one can't leave so he tries to be inconspicuous.

Jo robe

Redruth
We see this all the time when tortoises are kept in pairs in the same enclosure. It's not overt, and not obvious to the keeper, but the bigger tortoise is bullying the smaller one. He's letting the smaller one know he's not wanted in this territory and get out! The smaller one can't leave so he tries to be inconspicuous.
Thankyou for that will try and split them up

Jo robe

Redruth
Would anyone be able to tell me where I can rehome one of my Horsefield tortoise as the companion is bullying it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Put up an ad on your Nextdoor app, kingsnake.com, faunaclassified.com, etc. We don't allow new members to use our 'for sale' section here until they've participated in at least 100 threads on the Forum.