Horsefield shell help

Isabellebalcj

Location (City and/or State)
Andover
5822113A-C855-4C28-A4CA-DF822656AC36.jpeg A5A69339-3716-46EC-993D-1056704C9335.jpeg Hello all :)

I have owned my tortoise for 11 years and I’ve never had any problems with her. She is kept in an indoor glass vivarium (upgrading to a table in the next month or so). I bath her regularly and she has a diverse diet and eats very well.

However, I recently changed a blown lightbulb and was recommended an all in one bulb which does UVA, UVB and heat and I have noticed she has little white squiggly rings on her shell recently. Also when the light is on she doesn’t seem to settle, would it be too hot? Are the lines bad and would it be linked to the light change?

Also I’m concerned about pyramiding I recently saw some posts on and now I’m concerned about it as I’ve noticed some of her shell is raised.

I have attached pictures which you can see her shell (obviously haha) and the white squiggles if you zoom in.

Any help or anything would be very much appreciated

Thank you!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Normal for Russians! The squiggles are just part of how their shell is. Don’t worry about it. We have loads of threads on TFO by worried Russian owners :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! Nothing to worry about, but she really needs more outside time.

Isabellebalcj

Andover
Hi, and welcome! Nothing to worry about, but she really needs more outside time.

Thank you!

Yes that’s what I struggle with as I worry about her being safe and we don’t have any grass. I’ll try work on getting her outside more :)

Isabellebalcj

Andover
03F5A626-072C-49F0-AB08-21AF991EBF87.jpeg Hello, do you think this is anything to worry about? Sorry don’t know why my phone has made the picture so green)

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Hello and welcome to the forum and I'm not an expert but I think it looks like shell rot. I may be wrong some one will see your post and answer your question. If I have a question and no one gets back to me the same day I write something else on my post so some one can see it again