Horsefield tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolanoo

5 Year Member
Hi I have a 1 year old horse field and am a little weary of what heat bulb to use she seams to be eating and very active but any advice would be great thanks :)

nicolanoo

5 Year Member
Thanks for your welcome any advice in the heat bulb situation would be great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) what are you using now? I like CHE (ceramic heat emitter) for night time heat. I also like the MVB (mercury vapor bulbs) for day time heat, light and UVA/UVB. If the mvb is too much. Go with a CHE day and night and a 5.0 UVB flourescent for day time light and UVB. Hope that helps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Nicolanoo!

I use the Zoo Med Mercury Vapor Bulb because it combines heat with UVB. But if your tortoise gets a couple hours of real sunshine a week you can get by with just a regular 100 watt incandescent bulb.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I use a fluorescent strip light called the ZooMed Repti-Sun 10.0 for illumination and UVA/UVB. For a basking hot spot, I use a ceramic heat emitter (CHE). Both are plugged into a timer, which automatically comes on at 7:00 AM and shuts off at 9:00 PM every day. :)

nicolanoo

5 Year Member
Hi at the moment I'm using zoomed repti-glo 10 for the UVB and a normal 100w bulb the temp seems to stick around 30c on the hot side and 20c on the cold side, she seems active and eating enough but would like to know the best heat source as its coming into winter

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.