Hosta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I was thinking about buying a hosta plant to put in my new outdoor tort enclosure, but when I went to the nursery they had so many different kinds of hostas. Which kind of hosta would be best to buy?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All of them. One of each?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Good advice one of each your tort will love :) so many to eat yum:D

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
The cheapest. Torts love em.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
Thank you!:) I didn't realize they had so many different kinds. We'll go back to the nursery in a day or two!!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Be sure to ask the nursery if they use any pesticides before you put them in the enclosure. Most pesticides will not harm us, and it's likely it wouldn't harm your tortoises either, but better safe than sorry, right?

You could still purchase them if they've been treated with chemicals, but you may consider waiting a few weeks before you plant them in your tortoise enclosure (or not).

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
Yeah, I asked them when I was there and they said that they did not. That's one reason I wanted to buy from a local nursery instead of a big chain store. After I buy them I may still wait a little bit just to be safe. :shy:

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Cherbear said:
Yeah, I asked them when I was there and they said that they did not. That's one reason I wanted to buy from a local nursery instead of a big chain store. After I buy them I may still wait a little bit just to be safe. :shy:

That's great, I say stick 'em in the ground whenever it's convenient if there's no concern for pesticides. Your torts are going to love them :). Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.