How big do Antakyan Greek torts get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

5 Year Member
I have an Anatakyan Greek tort and I was wondering how big he was going to get.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
They stay relatively small - about the same as a golden greek. In fact, a couple of my goldens are just a little bigger. :)

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
They get to roughly about 20cm in length, give or take a few centermeters.

dielawn

5 Year Member
When you say 20cm is that the length of the shell from tail to head? Or is that left to right? What is the weight estimate of a full size greek? I havent been able to find info on weight.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
dielawn said:
When you say 20cm is that the length of the shell from tail to head? Or is that left to right? What is the weight estimate of a full size greek? I havent been able to find info on weight.

Here's a picture of mine if that helps. He was being shy at the time so he looks headless!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    681.3 KB · Views: 56

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Size will vary between individuals and locality of origin. Most middle eastern Greek females will reach a final size of 5.5 - 9 inches. In this range, the majority will probably be 6.5 - 7.5 inches. The shell shape will vary as much as length. A long, flat shell will contain less mass than a wide, high-domed shell. My biggest females are all exactly 7 inches in carapace length, but range in weight from 900 to 1300 grams due to differences in shell shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.