How big of an enclosure for 3 baby redfoots?

crabby-J

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello everyone, I just wanted some advice, I have 3 baby redfoots, 1 is a year old, the other is 8 months and my last one is only about 4 months old. I have them in a custom enclosure I built out of a book shelf that measures 3ft by 2ft currently and they have been in it for several months now. They are still very small but I was wondering if this is big enough for them for a while longer? They have several sleeping spots, and lots of space to walk around currently but getting worried about when I should upgrade and to how big (in feet) for 3 babies? I enclosure a picture of the current enclosure I built, it holds heat and humidity GREAT!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, it is not big enough and the newest one should not be in with the larger ones. The size you have them in now is barely big enough for 1-2 hatchlings. Do you also have outside room for them? I would leave the youngest in the enclosure and build the other two a larger enclosure at least a 4x8 and this was still only temporary. As they grow they will need more space, and better yet outdoor space. My opinion, I don't ha e RF but I wouldn't put three anything in that small of an enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, it is not big enough and the newest one should not be in with the larger ones. The size you have them in now is barely big enough for 1-2 hatchlings. Do you also have outside room for them? I would leave the youngest in the enclosure and build the other two a larger enclosure at least a 4x8 and this was still only temporary. As they grow they will need more space, and better yet outdoor space. My opinion, I don't ha e RF but I wouldn't put three anything in that small of an enclosure.
Let me start over. Grumpy today and was not good at this. The enclosure is good size for your newest one. The other two should go in one bigger. 4x8 or 4x6 maybe even a 3x 6 or 8 for a while. Always best to go as big as you can and if you can do an outdoor enclosure that's even better at least during the day and bringing them in at night. Then the smaller enclosures just for sleeping can be extended a little longer.