How can I make my enclosure more stimulating/exciting for my tortoise?

ShadowyPaper

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
I've currently got a very basic tortoise table for my western Herman tortoise. I'm on the cusp of moving house and when I've done so I plan on making a much larger enclosure.
What are some good things to add to a tortoises environment to provide some entertainment/stimulation for them?

Attachments

• 1592038474327921479226962244934.jpg
    1592038474327921479226962244934.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 39

Kim&Tim

The Netherlands
I've currently got a very basic tortoise table for my western Herman tortoise. I'm on the cusp of moving house and when I've done so I plan on making a much larger enclosure.
What are some good things to add to a tortoises environment to provide some entertainment/stimulation for them?
It depends on what he likes. I have a russian tortoise male who likes climbing things. So in my indoor I have logs, rocks and bendy bridges. I also have 5 plants.

In my outdoor I have different levels, ramps, plants, bendy bridges etc. In my media you can see what I have done.

Suey

England
Hi Kim and Tim very nice ? both inside and out. I noticed you’ve grown some weeds, I love gardening but never have any luck with growing weeds ? I don’t tell anyone as think they would think I’d gone a bit loopy.

Kim&Tim

The Netherlands
Hi Kim and Tim very nice ? both inside and out. I noticed you’ve grown some weeds, I love gardening but never have any luck with growing weeds ? I don’t tell anyone as think they would think I’d gone a bit loopy.

Ha ha, yeah most people want to get rid them instead of growing them?
I have way more then you see there and they've been growing incredibly well. All sort of things:3 different testudo mixes, plantain, ribwort, dandelions etc. I've used deep tubs and pots because the roots tend to be long and I grow on a simple cococoir mix for growing vegetables.

Suey

England
Oh rite I’ll try coco our mix, haven’t tried growing anything in that before. I have tortoise seeds left so I’ll give it another go. The tray in your enclosure looks quite shallow, did they grow ok in there or did you transfer them.

Kim&Tim

The Netherlands
Oh rite I’ll try coco our mix, haven’t tried growing anything in that before. I have tortoise seeds left so I’ll give it another go. The tray in your enclosure looks quite shallow, did they grow ok in there or did you transfer them.
No it's 8 inches deep and completely sunken into the substrate until only 1 inch sticks out. Otherwise he can't reach it.