How can people be so evil

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea UK
I have just seen 1 of the most upsetting things i have ever seen. a video clip of someone pouring flammable liquid on a baby tort (i think it was a sulcata) and setting it alight,i only watch the first 10 seconds and that was enough,if I could catch hold of whoever was doing it I,d do the same to them,I can't believe how evil some people can be,

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Was it two girls? If so it's a story from a few months back and they found the kids and they are being prosecuted.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. I know that video and Yes, some people are very evil.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
Was it two girls? If so it's a story from a few months back and they found the kids and they are being prosecuted.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
I think it was 2 girls,Im glad they caught them but doubt they will get much,Im still seething

phebe121

I couldn't watch that i cryed when i saw what they where doing

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
I couldn't watch that i cryed when i saw what they where doing
Me to,i couldnt make out what was happening at first but only watched a few seconds,but i've googled it and from the snatches of information i caught it got much worse,poor little thing,1 of the girls was 18, must be a really sick *****

WillTort2

5 Year Member
There are plenty of sick people in this world. In my area we just had an 82 year old shot and killed on a downtown street. But, I've decided that the death penalty is too mild. Make them live with what they have done and be imprisoned for life plus a hundred years.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
i watched the video(i regret watching it) the tort was a gopher tortoise an endangered species. The sick minded girls set it on fire, through it and stomped it to death. I don't even understand how someone can be so sociologically disturbed to do such an disgusting act.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
There are plenty of sick people in this world. In my area we just had an 82 year old shot and killed on a downtown street. But, I've decided that the death penalty is too mild. Make them live with what they have done and be imprisoned for life plus a hundred years.
I agree, but only if they are in a prison that does not include free healthcare, computer access, visitors, decent food, heating and air-conditioning, and lawyers. I do feel that some people can be helped, but I also feel we spend way too much time money and effort on the ones that just can't. Okay I better stop now or I will get myself in big trouble. Is it obvious that this pushes my buttons?

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
I agree, but only if they are in a prison that does not include free healthcare, computer access, visitors, decent food, heating and air-conditioning, and lawyers. I do feel that some people can be helped, but I also feel we spend way too much time money and effort on the ones that just can't. Okay I better stop now or I will get myself in big trouble. Is it obvious that this pushes my buttons?
I think these 2 are way beyond help,it makes you scared to think what they will be capable of when they are older

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
i watched the video(i regret watching it) the tort was a gopher tortoise an endangered species. The sick minded girls set it on fire, through it and stomped it to death. I don't even understand how someone can be so sociologically disturbed to do such an disgusting act.
Thats why i didn't post a link.People would be tempted to watch and regret it after.

Delilah1623

Exactly how I feel!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yes, I saw that too, it was a desert tort, endangered! :mad: I think they went to jail, Ill have to read the article again... :(

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
People enjoy killing turtles and tortoises, unfortunately, just as people enjoy killing most animals, inflicting monstrous torture and suffering. I can't tell you how many idiot hillbillies I've seen shooting Texas river cooters and red eared sliders for sport.

But yeah, people are incredibly stupid to boot. I used to volunteer for the "work and play" at a camp for GSUSA (the Girl Scouts; my old man was the property director of the San Antonio council), and some of the younger boys working the cabins found a hatchling slider in the shallows of the Sabinal that ran through the property. One of them was poking the little baby with a stick, so I, of course, took the stick away from this imbecile and told him that he was hurting him. This brainless father, another volunteer, comes up and tells me, "Don't be stupid, turtles can't feel." And, being the wiseguy rebel I was as a young dude, I replied, "Indeed, that was stupid of me to think that a creature capable of movement possesses both a nervous system and the capacity for sensation that would be required to make that nervous system function." He looked at me all red in the face, speechless, and I pulled the veil to fully expose his ignorance when I told him, in front of everyone, "Not to make you sound stupid, but it is common knowledge that all creatures in the animal kingdom possess sensory perception, given that everything from the earthworm to the blue whale possesses a central nervous system. Sight, smell, touch, taste, balance... These are all things that are not unique to humans, mammals, or even vertebrates. Plants don't possess such a system, but it has been increasingly demonstrated that they know when they have been damaged and engage in processes to protect themselves. So yes, this guy over here shouldn't poke the turtle with a stick, because that hurts, just as it would hurt you or me. Well, maybe not you, sir. That thick leathery hide covering your carcass would probably stop a fifty caliber round."

When I dropped that last line, he lost control and started cursing at me in front of a bunch of twelve and thirteen year old boys. He was about to assault me before my dad stepped into his path and threatened to kill him with his death stare. Then two of the counselors with us had to remind him to mind his manners. It was great. There is nothing I enjoy more than humiliating idiots and jerks.

I think the biggest problem with our society is that offenses such as senseless murder and torture of animals don't carry higher penalties. Many nonviolent offenders get longer sentences and heavier fines than the sort of sociopaths that inspired the subject of this thread ever do.

T.G.