• Other (please list)

Votes: 59 12.1%

• Total voters

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I, too, was surfing looking for updated info on sulcatas. I knew people who had them years ago, but something about the care sheets didn't sit well with me! I adopted Mortimer from the shelter last August and was hooked! After checking out a few sites (which were layed out well)...a crss-reference led me here...and this has been my home-away-from-home ever since:D

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hubby found this site on google after we first got our baby Sulcata. We wanted to make sure we knew what we were doing. Luckily this is 1 of the 1st sites he came across and signed up. I'm the one who does the research though, so I took over just after he signed up. So glad he found TFO as it is a terrific site! :) I've learned so much!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I found TFO at the Pomona Reptile Show in Jan. of 2010. Joined that evening. Its only the second forum I've ever been a part of. The roach for was first by a three months.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't remember. One day I opened up my laptop and spent like 10 hours on this site, visited nearly every day since then.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
A guy I work with told me about the forum, he had already contacted danny about a tortoise and knew I had been looking for one. I sent dan a message about a russian baby & I've been here ever since :)

Herpard

5 Year Member
Llandudno,Wales,UK
Twitter......Someone on there asked My Tortoise,Squirt,(It's her twitter account lol) to Follow the forum group and then i joined the forum lol

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hlogic told me about it after a local herp society meeting. Word of mouth is great, I have told several.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
finleafeater said:
Funny story, I found TFO by accident. When I first got Tortie (my baby girl russian) I found some UK tortoise forum and signed up there.. only to quickly realize I was in the wrong place for U.S. info, shops, breeders, and friends. Then on the second day, while trying to find that uk forum I accidentally typed in the wrong URL (TORTOISE FORUM IS A MUCH SIMPLER NAME :p) and poof. I was here. and now Im here for about 5 hours a day hahah.

Rachel:

It looks like this username is ok now.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I found Alot of useful info, when i was researching on google!
So i made one, and im happy i did :)