How difficult is the care for herman's tortoises?

Korall

Location (City and/or State)
Sweden
I recently saw a poster in a pet shop, set up by a breeder of Herman's tortoises (Although in Swedish we call hermans tortoises "grekiska landskölpaddor" witch translates directly to greek tortoise).

Although i'm obviously not going to get one any time soon (Since i have plenty of stuff to fix with my current tortoise) i was just woundering, how hard is the caring and enclosure setup for hemans? I've already read the care sheet.
Is there anything special i would want to know if i were to get one later down the road?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The care of a Greek and a Hermanns I believe is the same, but if it translate to Greek, are you sure it isn't?
Check out the caresheet under the Hermanns and Greek section. Adults are easier then hatchlings.

Korall

Sweden
The care of a Greek and a Hermanns I believe is the same, but if it translate to Greek, are you sure it isn't?
Check out the caresheet under the Hermanns and Greek section. Adults are easier then hatchlings.

Yeah, it was really confusing in the beginning with that but a "grekisk landskölpadda" isn't a Greek tortoise, both the poster and the Internet say that a "grekisk landskölpadda" is actually a testudo hermani.
A Greek tortoise is called a "morsk landskölpadda" in Swedish.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
Similar thing in German. Testudo Hermanni=griechische landschildkröte (Greek Tortoise) Testudo graeca=maurische landschildkröte (Moorish Tortoise).

Franco F

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New York, New York
Caring for a hermann has been fairly simple, in my opinion, since I've been caring for a juvenile over the past three months. I would keep in mind though its need for space just like any other tortoise despite their small size