How do I grow plants/weeds indoors?

Conor Belton

Location (City and/or State)
Dublin, Ireland.
Hi, I have searched everywhere and have had no luck on how to grow weeds indoors for my Herman Tortoise. What lights/ type of lights and what soil should I use.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Weeds grow great in your well-tended lawn, but are very hard to grow indoors. Most house plants require very bright light. Sunny windows are extremely helpful for growing plants indoors. However, if you don't have sunny windows (or if the area is a low temperature), grow lights will be your new best friend — they help maintain optimal light and temperature conditions for plants regardless of outside weather or indoor conditions.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...argid=kwd-494523871592&ref=pd_sl_9ollrzl67r_b

DE42

The blue and red LED are good. But I prefer 6500K spectrum T5s I have used them for lots of things.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, I have searched everywhere and have had no luck on how to grow weeds indoors for my Herman Tortoise. What lights/ type of lights and what soil should I use.
Try going to a local nursery or hydroponics place for advice on this topic. You'll need the same soil that you'd need anywhere, but you'll need special lighting for growing plants indoors away from the sun.

DE42

Does the uvb and uva from the bulbs not work on growing plants???
UVA-B light is not in the spectrum that most plants use. Neither is green which is what they look green to us in natural light. What they use is mainly in the blue and red spectrums so you need a light that has good coverage of those needed spectrums.

I like 6500k because it's as close to natural sun as you can get.
IMG_20180106_152401.jpg