How Do You Cook Shrimp ?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I steam them using half cup of apple cider vinegar and a half cup of water for each pound of shrimp. I spice them with original old bay, blackened old bay and,pickling spice when fixing for other people to eat. If I'm fixing just for myself I add crushed red pepper to the mix.I had never heard of people boiling shrimp until a few years ago, but after talking to other people here in town most of them boil them. Also would like to try other recipes that I haven't tried before.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
As a former MDr, (Go Terps and Skins) and now a Floridian (also love the Gators), sautéd in real butter and Old Bay next to a steak is the best. Save your steaming for those blue crabs! Old Bay also makes THE best horseradish sauce for dippin shrimp.

daniellenc

Maryland
As a former MDr, (Go Terps and Skins) and now a Floridian (also love the Gators), sautéd in real butter and Old Bay next to a steak is the best. Save your steaming for those blue crabs! Old Bay also makes THE best horseradish sauce for dippin shrimp.
We also sautée in old bay for hot shrimp but for cold no way. However, no boiling of shrimp unless you’re throwing in crawfish, potatoes, corn, seafood stock, and Cajun seasoning but even then the shrimp go in at the end so they don’t get tough.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I love the taste of horseradish and wasabi, Picture 3303.jpg So how do you make your sauce ? I would like to try it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't cook them. But I eat lots of them cooked by other people. :) I like them grilled, fried, barbecued, boiled, sautéd, shish kabobed, etc… My absolute favorite shrimp are the ones you get at Benihana.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
On a skewer then wrapped in bacon and put on the grill, salt and pepper sprinkled on them before grilling.
I'm coming over for dinner. I'll buy if you cook. If I start driving now, I'll be there in 19 hours. Maybe after dinner I can go have a conversation with your vet about mixing species...

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I get so much crap for all the money I spend on shrimp, and I only cook a fraction of it. Raw shrimp makes a fantastic catfish bait. But when I do cook it I usually just saute it with some butter, garlic, and some Parmesan. Sometimes I also like to throw in some asparagus.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I get so much crap for all the money I spend on shrimp, and I only cook a fraction of it. Raw shrimp makes a fantastic catfish bait. But when I do cook it I usually just saute it with some butter, garlic, and some Parmesan. Sometimes I also like to throw in some asparagus.
I remember years back when shrimp was one of the more costly seafood items, But now someone close to me will have it priced for $6 to $6.50 a pound for the 16 to 20 count EZ Peel frozen each week.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I remember years back when shrimp was one of the more costly seafood items, But now someone close to me will have it priced for $6 to $6.50 a pound for the 16 to 20 count EZ Peel frozen each week.
It has come down quite a bit in price, I can usually find a pretty big package at Walmart for a good price.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida

When I moved to FL in 1974, there were many street corner venders that sold rock shrimp(they taste like lobster bites). 5lbs for 5$. More shrimp peddlers than Good Humor guys. That industry along with scallops has collapsed years ago.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Two ways.
1-stuffed into a jalapeño pepper and then wrapped in bacon and either on the grill or baked.
2-sautéed in a butt load of butter and garlic, not peeled, like the food truck on Oahu. You suck (butter and garlic off) peel and eat Yum.
Going there next week to have it made for me, yum yum