How far away should I place this light

JaySparks

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London
Agree. They need night time cool down.

If you can get your daytime temps properly without the MVB, I would remove it. Fluorescent tube UVB and a flood light for basking are much easier and you will feel good knowing there is UVB throughout, not just in a small area.

Thats the reason why I got a uvb tube because it goes everywhere and its a full spectrum light. I have 3 spider plants in different positions across the enclosure but I am planning on adding more plants. Any ideas of what plants I could add? I bought a chamaedorea elegans and I love the way it looks. IDK if its tortoise safe. BTW what flood light do you recommend.

Shaif

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Thats the reason why I got a uvb tube because it goes everywhere and its a full spectrum light. I have 3 spider plants in different positions across the enclosure but I am planning on adding more plants. Any ideas of what plants I could add? I bought a chamaedorea elegans and I love the way it looks. IDK if its tortoise safe. BTW what flood light do you recommend.

I have very little skill with gardening. I've got spider plants and pothos ivy. They are pretty hard to kill, so the work well for me.