1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

How fast do Desert Tortoises grow?

Discussion in 'North American Tortoises (genus Gopherus)' started by Felicia Broschart, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Felicia Broschart

Felicia Broschart New Member

Just weighed my babies yesterday. They are around 40 grams. One poster told me I should soak them daily until they reached 100 grams. Just curious how long that takes. They are hearty little eaters. Seems like they want food non-stop!

Attached Files:

2. NataliaTG

NataliaTG New Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Hello! I have 2 texas torts and they grow pretty slow.

How old are your babies? I know that desert torts are bigger than texas tortoises, so they might reach the 100 grams mark at around 6 months?