how long can i keep my red foot out of its enclosure pls help

juice_juicee

Location (City and/or State)
atlanta
hey. I'm going to own a red foot tortoise in the near future and i still have a lot of questions that are unanswered. but the biggest question is, how long can i keep my tortoise out of its enclosure. the reason why i ask this is because i know that they have to stay in a place were its humid and moist but i want to be able to take it out of its enclosure and play with it a bit. i tried to find the answer on my own but nothing popped up :(. pls help me

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ok thank you for telling me ill not play with my tortoise then
What I like to do is make a large, safe, secure outdoor enclosure for them to run around and "play" in. I like to sit and watch them exploring and walking around. You can plant delicious tortoise foods in the outdoor enclosure and make lots of shade and hiding areas too. A shallow terra cotta saucer for soaking in. You've got a great climate for this in ATL. Then, you can bring the baby back in at night or in inclement weather. When they are very small, I keep the outside time down to around 1 or 2 hours. As they grow, I leave them out longer and longer, weather permitting.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You can set your Tortoise up nicely and observe them though. I get a lot of entertainment just sitting back watching them do Tort stuff. I'm also in the Atlanta area and have lots of old supplies I don't need you'd be welcome to if you like. Feel free to message me if you need help with anything.

juice_juicee

atlanta
You can set your Tortoise up nicely and observe them though. I get a lot of entertainment just sitting back watching them do Tort stuff. I'm also in the Atlanta area and have lots of old supplies I don't need you'd be welcome to if you like. Feel free to message me if you need help with anything.
Tysm!!! I'll def message you when I have a question