How long does is take for a leopard to poop?

TheLastGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Johannesburg
I know it is a silly question, and it depends on what the tort eats, how much etc. But I've seen something concerning, Zvezda is passing a lot of liquids and a bit of black poop, a few mm in length, but thats it. About a week go I took her in a car ride and she pooped a lot, a long dark green mush. Any advice?

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
@wellington She is doing great, in the past few soaks she has urinated, she drinks loads of water, and her tail wiggles (I have seen it is an indication of a poop coming with both of my torts, but she pushes and nothing comes out) but most of the time she, tries to get out on the sides of the bath, can this be prevented?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My leopard loves his soaks usually he is in there for almost 1 hour. He walks, sits, poop...poop...then when he is ready he starts walking around and tries to climb out. I change his water about 5 times for 1 soak for warmth and ? free

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It has taken my rescue Hermanns a long time to relax in the water. No he sits for 20 minutes at the most then tries to get out. But Ink my leopard always loved water

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah, she was never soaked by her previous owner, but perhaps I should do it longer, @Ink I think that'll do the trick!
May take a while to get him/her properly hydrated. Longer soaks won't hurt. Some watery foods every other day until pooping properly might help too. Like one leaf of head lettuce every other day along with the regular food.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Good news!
20211206_113512.jpg
A few days ago she pooped and it was solid and black, but a lot (forgot to post that), but this is today, I think it's way better, but I do see when she poops a lot of water comes out, is this normal?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I know it is a silly question, and it depends on what the tort eats, how much etc. But I've seen something concerning, Zvezda is passing a lot of liquids and a bit of black poop, a few mm in length, but thats it. About a week go I took her in a car ride and she pooped a lot, a long dark green mush. Any advice?
It's not a silly question because it's really important that we as tort parents get to clean up plenty of poop ?

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Leopard tortoises urinate a TON, especially in comparison to the e.g. Russian tortoises I have.
Your tortoise will get used to the soaking routine. Opuntia cactus and other tortoise safe succulents mixed into the greens a few times a week will help move things along.