How long should my Sulcata tortoises get free roam time?

123Sulcata_

Location (City and/or State)
Thailand
I just got some Sulcata tortoises a few months ago and I was wondering about how much free time I should give my tortoises?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
None

tortoisss are very much creatures of routine. The have very good memories they use to memorize their territory so the know where things are. They do not like change or new surrounding they have to relearn and find things in new places. A good sized secure enclosure properly set up is where your tortoise will be the happiest and most secure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just got some Sulcata tortoises a few months ago and I was wondering about how much free time I should give my tortoises?
I agree with Mark. Any "free roaming" should be done inside a large safe enclosure.

Here is care info for them:

123Sulcata_

Thailand
None

tortoisss are very much creatures of routine. The have very good memories they use to memorize their territory so the know where things are. They do not like change or new surrounding they have to relearn and find things in new places. A good sized secure enclosure properly set up is where your tortoise will be the happiest and most secure.
I agree with Mark. Any "free roaming" should be done inside a large safe enclosure.

Here is care info for them:

How deep should I put the bedding?