How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Saw this on another forum I'm on and thought you all would enjoy it too. Maybe this calls for a Humor Off-Topic Sub-forum?!
How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb said:
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
1 to move it to the Lighting section after 2 have argued to move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what supermarkets are offering discounts on brands of light bulbs, and what customer service they expect in a lightbulb shop
4 to say that they've been disappointed in Lightbulb Live for the last 4 years
12 to ask why those 4 keep going to Lightbulb Live only to complain about it
1 to break the news about the new limited release light bulb
1 to post that the news was already broken in another thread and start a poll about reading entire threads
12 to post that they shouldn't mention limited releases because someone might buy them to resell
1 to insist he has every right to buy and sell lightbulbs
1 to obsessively insist that no-one should make profit from lightbulbs on this forum
5 to post that they've collected 11 of the limited edition lightbulbs already so might as well get the whole set.
32 to not bother posting because there's no post count showing anymore
8 to say that their electric company sent them 4 free lightbulbs, when quite clearly they would have preferred the moon on a stick.
6 to post thinly veiled criticisms of forum staff's management of lightbulbs
15 to post that forum staff can do exactly as they want with their own lightbulbs
6 to pretend they were just asking innocent questions about lightbulb management and didn't do anything wrong
1 to ask that forum staff backup all mention of lightbulbs so they can write a book about their really interesting life with lightbulbs
11 to reply that it's not a personal lightbulb anecdote storage facility
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including pictures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
thanks for the laugh

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is so funny! I'm the lurker that inadvertently restarts the post's!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
OMG! I can almost assign names to some of those people!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Madkins007 said:
OMG! I can almost assign names to some of those people!

:D It's funny, but that was what I was mentally doing as I read it. Sad thing is, it is so very true. :rolleyes::D

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT ANY OF THOSE.. BECAUSE I AM OLDER THAN DIRT AND I'VE BEEN KICKED OFF OF MORE FORUMS THAN MOST OF YOU HAVE EVER VIEWED.. BUT ONLY BECAUSE I'M MISUNDERSTOOD BY THE MODERATORS AND SCIENTISTS - PLUS I CAN'T READ AND HOLD PEEPS ACCOUNTABLE!!!

Even so I love you all..
36_2_80.gif

NERD

BTW.. who was Thomas Edison ----- really???

jrholls

5 Year Member
Maine
I changed a lightbulb myself today and burned my hand...any suggestions??

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
haha I've read this before, it's great.
It applies to many of the forums I belong to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.