How Many Turtles Can Fit on One Log?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings All

Gorgeous Fall day here in Maryland yesterday, 2 November, with record breaking temps into the low 80's. We took the opportunity to go kayaking on Seneca Lake in central Maryland, where we found beautiful waters and lots of turtles out basking in the sun's rays.

Here's a few pix of a gaggle of turtles...probably the most I've ever seen on one log. I'll add a few more close ups for everyone's enjoyment.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Some more pix of these turtles out having a great sunny day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    734.4 KB · Views: 13

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I counted about 23. Holy smokes!!
I would love to have some of those fall colors here in Florida.

legan52

Chicago
Awesome pics! I never see that many in my local lakes (Chicagoland). We just went out kayaking three days ago but we only saw two turtles what kind of kayak do you use? I just got a new eddyline and I love it! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478221441.386094.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478221408.684096.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Fantastic images. Makes me wish I had the time to escape and do some canoeing in north Florida where the temperatures and conditions have been ideal for the past few weeks.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
awesome pics. I love to kayak, we have a pair of Pelican Trailblazers that we got a great deal on. Not nearly as fancy as your Eddyline's haha

Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have an aversion to water deep enough to drown in. Never learned how to swim, but can paddle and stay afloat for short distances. I have no interest AT ALL of getting into a body of water...but, for some unexplained reason, I'm drawn to kayaking. I would love to get into a kayak and paddle around on a quiet lake. Go figure.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Yvvone it is great! my mom does not really like water or boats either, but she really enjoyed kayaking on a small inland lake. It is very relaxing and peaceful

Just wear a good life jacket and there is really nothing to worry about.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I find kayaking to be very fun, but a little nerve wracking because it's a tad wobbly. If you get a kayak, @Yvonne G , get one that doesn't wobble a lot. :) (One of my sisters found out the hard way, hee-hee)

legan52

Chicago
I love the eddyline brand because I've never felt wobbly! I have the skylark and sky 10, both are super stable and I could purposely try to rock but they feel safe. I've never flipped! They tend to be more expensive but I saved a bunch buying one on Craigslist. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478282756.589436.jpg

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Nice! I wasn't sure which brands were good or not as I don't kayak much in Florida (there are alligators), so thanks for chiming in!