How much does your baby turtle walk around?

Lisa Baker

Location (City and/or State)
CT
How many minutes/hours a day does your baby box turtle explore it's container and when are they most active?

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
They are most active in the morning. Even before the lights and heat come on they are roaming around checking out the food dish and soaking in the water. I sometimes see yearlings and two year olds out in the late afternoon too. The older they are and the longer they have been in their current habitat the more often I see them roaming around. It also varies from turtle to turtle, depending on their personality. It can vary from a few minutes to several hours a day.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have one that is 15 months old, so much older than yours. He is out and about every morning when I turn the lights on. Soaking, wandering, etc. He will be out and basking usually for most of the morning. By afternoon he finds a cozy spot to hide and usually stays there until the following morning.

That' the only one I currently have that is not an adult.

Bunny2746

Panhandlle of Florida
I have one that is 15 months old, so much older than yours. He is out and about every morning when I turn the lights on. Soaking, wandering, etc. He will be out and basking usually for most of the morning. By afternoon he finds a cozy spot to hide and usually stays there until the following morning.

That' the only one I currently have that is not an adult.