How much does your leopard weigh and how old?

Dkozi7

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Thanks Sherminator!! Great to hear from a fellow Georgian. Do you have yours outside? Any pictures ? Their outdoor house is 7 ft by 4 ft. I was thinking about putting a top of a small dog house and board over it on top of the enclosure for shade. Then I was going to fill under that house with cypress mulch, peat moss and maybe some organic soil. Any ideas? The little outside house (about the same floor space as the full outdoor enclosure) will more or less be their night house but not sure it would offer any cooler temps during the day. Thanks for everyone else's responses as well I want these babies to have the best chance at being healthy and happy!

sherminator

5 Year Member
The humid South
Mine still is inside and only goes outside when I'm home. I've tort proofed the yard but Murphy is still under age 2 so I'm keeping him indoors in a controlled temp/humid environment. That all sounds good from what I've read on here and I've got cypress mulch and organic soil inside and out too. I would cover whatever you use to provide shade with a somewhat thick layer of soil and/or cypress mulch to help keep it cooler. But also make sure the area will drain quickly in one of our hard torrential rains. You don't want the lil ones to drown. If you search on here others have fantastic posts about their enclosures. That's how I got the idea for my indoor tort mahal- from Elohi. She saved me with the seed starter idea.

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
My Leo was hatched on 4/14/13
He's now 10 1/4 inches- 6.2 pounds.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436939940.685715.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436939954.558347.jpg

I feed a mix of ground Mazuri pellets and different ground hays all mixed together with a supplement and calcium lightly mixed in.
Organic spring mix in the morning (no spinach) and occasional squash, zucchini, carrot pieces etc from the garden. During harvest season.
We have many types of succulents and prickly pear cactus that we raise here also and he eats a decent amount of that as well. Loves it.
He is indoors in humidity at night and outside in a grass area with a humid hide during the day. During the winter he pretty much stays indoors (up until now) when it's not warm enough to go out.
He has cuttlefish available at all times.
He used to get soaks but now soaks himself multiple times a day.
Sooner than later he will have a permanent outdoor enclosure. Working on designing it and choosing plants etc.

Last edited:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
This guy will be 2 yrs old in September. He is just over 3 lbs.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941077.848519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941095.016083.jpg

This is the clutch mate to the big guy above. She is much smaller.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941154.207889.jpg

Here they are together.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941218.170301.jpg

This female is the same age (just under 2 yrs old) as the two leopards above. (Older by about two weeks from the info I was given)
I don't have a current weight on her but she falls between the other two torts in size/weight.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941251.021513.jpg

This guy is 8 months old.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941444.833968.jpg

I adopted this guy a yr ago. He is 3 yrs old. He is 2.5 lbs.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941572.232549.jpg

These four share indoor and outdoor enclosures.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941663.567104.jpg

This is my new girl. She is 7 yrs old. 15.5" and 19 lbs and some oz. (I need to weigh her again now that she is settled in)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436941840.822797.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
View attachment 139131
View attachment 139132

I feed a mix of ground Mazuri pellets and different ground hays all mixed together with a supplement and calcium lightly mixed in.
Organic spring mix in the morning (no spinach) and occasional squash, zucchini, carrot pieces etc from the garden. During harvest season.
We have many types of succulents and prickly pear cactus that we raise here also and he eats a decent amount of that as well. Loves it.
He is indoors in humidity at night and outside in a grass area with a humid hide during the day. During the winter he pretty much stays indoors (up until now) when it's not warm enough to go out.
Sooner than later he will have a permanent outdoor enclosure. Working on designing it and choosing plants etc.
He is beautiful. I love his coloring! Going to be a big boy.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I know everyone's babies grow at different rates but wanted to know how much your babies weigh at what age. My babies are all below. Love to see everyone else share!

Echo
Hatched 1-9-14
340 grams

Tango
Hatched 2-13-14
204 grams

Charlie
Hatched 12-29-13
208 grams

Juliette
Hatched 3-2-14
176 grams

Seems pretty good to me. Do you know how large the producing adults are?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
View attachment 139131
View attachment 139132

Beautiful animal you have! ! ! !

Tessa127

Southern CA
I know this is an older thread but I'm trying to figure out how old my LT is. The guy I rescued her (him/her) from said she is 2 years old. She wasn't cared for properly and already has some pyramiding. Her plastron in 4" head to toe, and she weighs 152g. Anyone have any educated guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpeg
    IMG_6641.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6641.jpeg
    IMG_6641.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6640.jpeg
    IMG_6640.jpeg
    949.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23

JanelP

Idaho
I know this is an older thread but I'm trying to figure out how old my LT is. The guy I rescued her (him/her) from said she is 2 years old. She wasn't cared for properly and already has some pyramiding. Her plastron in 4" head to toe, and she weighs 152g. Anyone have any educated guesses?

Mine is about the same size as yours and is a year old. Its babcocki. Reading through this wondering if @elholi has babcocki or PP. 8 month old at 250g. My yearling is 180g. Maybe I am doing something wrong.....
IMG_20181105_015403.jpg