How much does your leopard weigh and how old?

Dkozi7

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I know everyone's babies grow at different rates but wanted to know how much your babies weigh at what age. My babies are all below. Love to see everyone else share!

Echo
Hatched 1-9-14
340 grams

Tango
Hatched 2-13-14
204 grams

Charlie
Hatched 12-29-13
208 grams

Juliette
Hatched 3-2-14
176 grams

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 55

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum!

Sorry I cannot be of help here. You'll get the you need from the experts here, so don't worry.

Good luck.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
My trio, all hatched in May 2014 weigh 385 grams, 244 grams, and 314 grams.

Dkozi7

Georgia
Guess I need to fatten my babies up! I got Echo and tango in February and the other two in late March and they have been steadily gaining.

TKL

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
usually a mix of dandelion, kale, collard greens, swiss chard, endive, and mustard greens. Occasionally supplementing with mazuri and zoo med grassland tortoise diet. Planning to start him on more grasses soon though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
From almost 5 years old and 10-15 pounds to 20 years old and 40+ pounds.

Dkozi7

Georgia
Nice Tom! Any pictures? I can't wait til my babies get that big. I have a sulcata around 25-30 lbs and he is a big boy to me!

Dkozi7

Georgia
Thanks TKL I will have to look into adding more into their diet. Where do you find all those greens? We do a lot of collards,cut grasses
/weeds from the yard,romaines and mustard greens. They don't seem to care much for the mustards too much.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
You can find all of those greens at a grocery store. But I ordered seeds online and planted my own.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Oh and both of my torts were hatched August 2014...1 is 155 grams and the other 185 grams.

TKL

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Thanks TKL I will have to look into adding more into their diet. Where do you find all those greens? We do a lot of collards,cut grasses
/weeds from the yard,romaines and mustard greens. They don't seem to care much for the mustards too much.
I get them from a few different grocery stores near where I live.

Dkozi7

Georgia
Thanks Carey & TKL my grocery store greens are very limited but looking at planting seeds soon. The babies out door enclosure is still in progress. We still have some modification to do before they go outside so hopefully weeds will be a main staple. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436236184.282429.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436236204.981417.jpg

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Thanks Carey & TKL my grocery store greens are very limited but looking at planting seeds soon. The babies out door enclosure is still in progress. We still have some modification to do before they go outside so hopefully weeds will be a main staple. View attachment 137699View attachment 137700

It's cute! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Dkozi7

Georgia
If anyone has any suggestions on modifications that would be great! I am going to be using hardware cloth for predator control and a tunnel from the outside to inside house. A little worried about heat in the house because we are in the 90s in Georgia. Humidity is high here but I think that's a good think to keep smooth shells. We will be cutting a door into the side of the house for access.

sherminator

5 Year Member
The humid South
L
This time last summer my lil one was 110g and was the same age as yours now. He hatched on 2-9-14. He's hit a massive growth spurt since and is now over 1010g at 17 mon old. The scale's batteries went dead and i keep forgetting to replace them so he hasn't been weighed in 3 weeks. So they all grow differently.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My Lola is about 2/3 years old, 10.5" long and weighs almost 6ibs.

sherminator

5 Year Member
The humid South
I live in Georgia too. Weeds are everywhere here with all our rain just make sure they don't have pesticides or run off from the roads on em. I bought weed seeds too. The humidity here is great for leos but make sure there is plenty of shade due to our heat. Mine will bury himself in the cooler dirt in the shade of bushes under the fallen leaves and cypress mulch to cool off. Also water dishes. And make sure the uvb can get through your predator protection. There are other posts on here about that. I'm def not an expert. Well I am pretty good at spotting a good weed at 40 paces now. Lol. I've been known to pick weeds from safe yards at parties now. Lol I think that enclosure you are bldg is adorable by the way. The porch is perfect and too bad your tort can't greet the neighbors while drinking sweet tea from it.