How much Mazuri can a baby sulcata have?

Calinyc

Location (City and/or State)
New York
How much mazuri can a baby sulcata have? Should it be best to have Mazuri & It’s veggies together? Or 1 of each I respectfully request if anyone can give me a heads up thanks ya!!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can do it any way you like. Many ways work. I prefer to give them a plate of it twice a week, and then soak them after since it is so messy. In the past I used to mix it in with greens.

As long as your tortoise is getting a varied diet and the right foods, daily soaks, and the correct temperatures, you should feed it as much as it wants to eat daily.

Here is what I mean by the "right" foods:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Calinyc

New York
Hey there thank u a whole bunch for the feed back. And also to say ur the wizard in this tortoise world and it’s awwsome! I will review to re-read the link and other Links 2 get as official as u thank u

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I don’t have Sulcata s . But I have many other baby’s ! I grind up theMazuri in to a powder and put it on their food 7 days a week ! And they don’t seam to complain. [emoji33]

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
My wife would teach them to use a Visa , to buy what they wanted , if they could talk . That’s what she does !!!! That’s what she does ?[emoji2]

Calinyc

New York
Thank u guys. Well what I do is mix some Mazuri with water and make it into like a mashed potatoe lol then serve it to him or her lol and it only takes some bites then I put the rest in the fridge is that ok???

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank u guys. Well what I do is mix some Mazuri with water and make it into like a mashed potatoe lol then serve it to him or her lol and it only takes some bites then I put the rest in the fridge is that ok???
It doesn't last long once its wet. I wouldn't want to feed it cold, and I wouldn't want it sitting out warming up either.

Best to mix up the amount you need and use it then and there. For a small baby, one pellet might be enough. I soak mine in warm water and it only takes a few minutes to turn to mush. Also, don't use more water than you need. Pouring off excess water will pour away some of your water soluble nutrients with it.