How much sleep is too much sleep?

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
My 7 month old SA Leo loves to sleep. Every morning at 730 he wakes up, pushes his ball around while I make up his bath, gets his 30min soak, becomes a bottomless pit then goes behind his plant in his absolute favorite spot and passes out around 9am. He most likely won't come out again until around 230, eats like a pig again, chills by his large water dish for 15ish mins then goes right back to his spot and goes back to bed until around 530, eats again and then passes out for the night.

I know hes a baby and therefore needs more rest and also hiding from predators in plants is normal behavior for young Leopards, but is that too much sleep? My husband thinks I should wake him up, but I'm not sure.

Hes in a 2x4x2h closed chamber with temps at 88-90, humidity at 88%, basking is 98.

I have the temps bumped because we saw a clear bubble in his nose a week and a half ago from his old enclosure not being right, that's why he got the upgrade to his closed chamber. Haven't seen a bubble since, but still keeping temps up for a little longer. I figured he might sleep a little extra because of that too, but just checking.
Thanks guys!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds like an ideal pattern to me. There is no need to be out and about, exposing yourself to predators when you are warm enough and have a full belly. Babies are supposed to tuck in and hide all day.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Sounds like an ideal pattern to me. There is no need to be out and about, exposing yourself to predators when you are warm enough and have a full belly. Babies are supposed to tuck in and hide all day.
Ok that's what I thought, but my husband kept saying make him get exercise lol.

Any idea of when they come out more? I know they said around 3 is when they are far more bold, but will he stay hidden until then? If so that's fine, he can do whatever keeps him happy, I'm just mainly curious. He doesn't seem as outgoing as what I'm hearing from a lot of SA's either, which again, 'you do you Ghido' lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ok that's what I thought, but my husband kept saying make him get exercise lol.

Any idea of when they come out more? I know they said around 3 is when they are far more bold, but will he stay hidden until then? If so that's fine, he can do whatever keeps him happy, I'm just mainly curious. He doesn't seem as outgoing as what I'm hearing from a lot of SA's either, which again, 'you do you Ghido' lol
They gradually get bolder as time goes on. Yours is behaving like a normal baby.