How much space is actually needed for a central american wood turtle

Gigean

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Im seeing on reptilecove it says 8 inches by 8 inches i believe thats a typo because than it says a 75 gallon tank but that seems excessive for a turt that wont grow past 8 inches im concerned with the lack of space i have in my place and how much space my turt will end up requiring

a 75 gallon tank might be do able if i rearrange some things however i cant build say an 8'x6'x1' enclosure
I wanna build a great habitat but I have a room thats roughly 8'x10' with a desk and a tv and my bed

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
This turtle needs water and dry basking area....... i found this online but others may enhance.......

The best enclosure for a wood turtle is outdoors. A single adult would do fine in a 5 ft x 5 ft enclosure with a pond of at least 2 feet in depth and about half the size of the pen. Multiple adults would do fine with an extra 4 sq. feet of space per adult. If you absolutely must house adults indoors, nothing less than a small kiddy pool should be used.

Gigean

Oregon
This turtle needs water and dry basking area....... i found this online but others may enhance.......

The best enclosure for a wood turtle is outdoors. A single adult would do fine in a 5 ft x 5 ft enclosure with a pond of at least 2 feet in depth and about half the size of the pen. Multiple adults would do fine with an extra 4 sq. feet of space per adult. If you absolutely must house adults indoors, nothing less than a small kiddy pool should be used.
sorry for taking so long to say this but thank you

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
i find them to be poor swimmers , a 2 foot pond i'd think could drown one if not carefully/properly constructed .......... my opinion is shallow water and as much if not more land , a heated hide and kept outside as much as possible , which is a lot more than most people would think living in the northern US..... as for how much area , as much as you can provide , i got 7 live outside in an 8x6 foot pen , and inside in roughly the same area ...... some of them have lived like that for more than 25+yrs .....