how much to feed a sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyz19

5 Year Member
I have read a lot of post regarding what to feed sulcatas, but nothing about how much. Is it possible to over feed them? I have 1 sulcata that is about 7 and 2 that are a year old. They eat a variety of grasses, edible weeds, and flowers. How much should I feed them?
Thanks!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
If your talking grass let me graze until they gorge. Store bought stuff I would not really pile up. They CAN get fat. If they have plenty of room and outside time to walk around and graze in a more natural like environment then let them eat and eat. I offer food until it isn't touched.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If they are in the right envrironment, I say, "All you can eat!" In the wild hatchlings are born into the rainy season. It's hot, wet, humid and there is green growing sulcata food everywhere. They fill their bellies all day long. When the dry season hits, adults have already dragged grass and weeds down into their burrows to eat during the coming dry months.

No need to limit their food intake, especially on a great diet like what you are offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.