How much to feed redfoots with protein

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
They look gorgeous. What is the substrate you are using. It looks perfect for holding Humidity.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Does anybody Know why the 1st picture that I put on of my tort eating a shrimp has disappeared.:confused:

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
They look gorgeous. What is the substrate you are using. It looks perfect for holding Humidity.
Thank you, I'm trying, they do have pyramding but not bad :( I'm using cypress mulch. I will take a big of my two bigger ones in just a bit :)

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
My substrate is 6" organic topsoil, then a mix of forest floor and coir. I've got a mini ecosystem here, live plants, worms, pull bugs! :D My one red digs for bugs sometimes. It's funny but she destroys parts of the enclosure! Stinker!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Christinaland128 that looks most likely a cherryhead. This is my male cherryhead, he's about 8" in length.
Take note of the colour of his palstron. Northern redfoots have a yellow plastron.

photo 5.JPG

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
stojanovski92113 . Your torts are perfect. My male above is also called speedy, And he lives up to his name. He as got
to be the most active tortoise I've ever seen. Quite funny cause he goes round all my female redfoots doing his head bobbing
ritual trying to get them interested. But there having none of it. How big is the table they are in now.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Wanted everyone to see my set up for my juveniles. I've opted for the 2x2x4ft vivarium after having nothing but problems with humidity in the tortoise table I had them in at first. Constructive criticism is more than welcome. All the plants are fake fabric so they hold the moister. Temperatures are 34deg(93) under ceramic bulb down to 28deg(82) at the other end. I spray it once a day. Humidity ranges from 90% down to 75% at lowest. I'm thinking of adding an automatic fogger. Has anyone had any experience with these. The substrate varies across the viv. Comprising of spagnum moss, cyprus mulce and coconut mulch, I've also got at the far end under the cyprus mulch about 2" of humus so they can dig in under the cyprus mulch. Thank you

photo 4 (2).JPG photo 1 (3).JPG photo 1 (2).JPG photo 2 (2).JPG photo 2 (3).JPG photo 3 (1).JPG photo 5 (1).JPG photo 5 (2).JPG

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
That's a good idea. I'm going to look into that. So is the mist/fog that comes out warm?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
stojanovski92113 . Your torts are perfect. My male above is also called speedy, And he lives up to his name. He as got
to be the most active tortoise I've ever seen. Quite funny cause he goes round all my female redfoots doing his head bobbing
ritual trying to get them interested. But there having none of it. How big is the table they are in now.
My tort table is small!!!! A 4x6!! I'm in the works to do a "L" shaped tort table. My friend made it for me while I was on my honeymoon :) but my torts r getting pretty huge!! I have 2 in the table & 2 in a kiddie pool