How much would a young adult or adult burmese star

braige thomas

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville TENNESSEE
I was wondering how much a full grown or young adult burmese star would cost also would it be profitable to buy alot of them and eventually breed Tom I remember you said this to me before how you got 14 burmese stars if you see this so just wondering

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've sold surplus males for $2000. Females would sell for more.

Don't do it because it might be profitable. Soooooo many things can go wrong. And selling them is a pain in the a$$. I just lost a sale because the person wanted to ship the next day and I had to work that day. Spent weeks building a rapport with the buyer and sent lots of pics, only to find out she bought from someone else because she didn't want to wait a few more days after I gave her weeks to get the enclosure set up. I guess this is why people take deposits. Maybe I should start.

Anyhow, there are so many reasons why you may never get a baby, and if you do get babies, selling them isn't fun. It IS rewarding when a good keeper buys them and you know they will raise them up healthy and enjoy them.

Do it because you love the species and really enjoy caring for them and having them around. I'd keep my star herd if they all became sterile and never produced another baby ever. They are fun, easy, hardy, personable, enjoyable tortoises to have around.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
I've sold surplus males for $2000. Females would sell for more.

Don't do it because it might be profitable. Soooooo many things can go wrong. And selling them is a pain in the a$$. I just lost a sale because the person wanted to ship the next day and I had to work that day. Spent weeks building a rapport with the buyer and sent lots of pics, only to find out she bought from someone else because she didn't want to wait a few more days after I gave her weeks to get the enclosure set up. I guess this is why people take deposits. Maybe I should start.

Anyhow, there are so many reasons why you may never get a baby, and if you do get babies, selling them isn't fun. It IS rewarding when a good keeper buys them and you know they will raise them up healthy and enjoy them.

Do it because you love the species and really enjoy caring for them and having them around. I'd keep my star herd if they all became sterile and never produced another baby ever. They are fun, easy, hardy, personable, enjoyable tortoises to have around.
Yes people that bs are the worst Especially when you waited for them to be ready for the tortise but just a thought I had I probably couldn't part with any that I would raise for years and years I recently told you I just got my first stars and was just kinda wondering the price I still look on morph mart randomly for fun lol but I seen a decent size Indian Star for 2500 so was just wondering I always appreciate the info you gave its great you are the tortise man Tom let me ask you this though I'm about to move into my new house with land would you be interested in selling a larger butmese star I need one more for my pair to be a group anyways so I plan on adding one regardless also will probably buy it from you since your so dedicated to tortises in general if you where to sell one how much and big/old

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes people that bs are the worst Especially when you waited for them to be ready for the tortise but just a thought I had I probably couldn't part with any that I would raise for years and years I recently told you I just got my first stars and was just kinda wondering the price I still look on morph mart randomly for fun lol but I seen a decent size Indian Star for 2500 so was just wondering I always appreciate the info you gave its great you are the tortise man Tom let me ask you this though I'm about to move into my new house with land would you be interested in selling a larger butmese star I need one more for my pair to be a group anyways so I plan on adding one regardless also will probably buy it from you since your so dedicated to tortises in general if you where to sell one how much and big/old
I have a lovely group of adults that I raised from hatchlings. They are in two groups and all is perfect, so I would't want to sell any or disturb them.

I have babies available right now that are going on 6 weeks and over 50 grams.
IMG_9116.jpeg
$800 for one, $700 each for three to five, $600 each for six or more.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
I have a lovely group of adults that I raised from hatchlings. They are in two groups and all is perfect, so I would't want to sell any or disturb them.

View attachment 357545
$800 for one, $700 each for three to five, $600 each for six or more.i need a h

View attachment 357545
Those are nice i need a herd let me ask you this I take my sulcata outside during thr day for a hour or so when I can I seen this thing that said you shouldn't take stars outside for first year to for correct shell Growth is this true also if it is cause I guess humidity and stuff ? Also think i asked this but them seeing each other let's say the suclata walks up to them is that fine or ? Thank you I will add another when I move into my new home atleast one more star and will probably buy it from you by the way

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Those are nice i need a herd let me ask you this I take my sulcata outside during thr day for a hour or so when I can I seen this thing that said you shouldn't take stars outside for first year to for correct shell Growth is this true also if it is cause I guess humidity and stuff ? Also think i asked this but them seeing each other let's say the suclata walks up to them is that fine or ? Thank you I will add another when I move into my new home atleast one more star and will probably buy it from you by the way
They can go outside for short periods once in a while. Same as a baby of any other species.

Different species should never have contact or even access to the same areas.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I wish I lived near you, Tom. I would have to find some way to wrangle one of those wonderful little babies off you!

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
They can go outside for short periods once in a while. Same as a baby of any other species.

Different species should never have contact or even access to the same areas.
Hey i was at my local zoo today the KNOXVILLE TN zoo and was wondering they house they radiated tortises with the albaras they have mabye 5 huge albaras and 10 radiateds all togther went thru got the tortise experience loved it lol best 5 dollars ever spent and I know you said no interaction at all wondering what you thought about it this is why I had to have burmese star went there couple months ago seen them in person the rads and ordered My stars 🌟

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey i was at my local zoo today the KNOXVILLE TN zoo and was wondering they house they radiated tortises with the albaras they have mabye 5 huge albaras and 10 radiateds all togther went thru got the tortise experience loved it lol best 5 dollars ever spent and I know you said no interaction at all wondering what you thought about it this is why I had to have burmese star went there couple months ago seen them in person the rads and ordered My stars 🌟
O. M. G. Punctuation. Sentences. Please.

Species should never be mixed. Different species from different continents have no business in the same enclosure. Having giants living with smaller species is foolish. I won't even do that with different sized individuals of the SAME species.

Zoos often get things like this wrong and set a terrible example. Its like the UK pet stores selling people sandy tortoise substrate with calcium bits in it, and going "Look. It has a tortoise picture right here on the label..."

Last edited:

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA

View attachment 357545
Do you have any Siri Lanka or Indian babies for sale ? 🤩

Gonzze

surabaya
No sir. I don't keep either of those. I don't care for shy tortoises. The Burmese stars are much more outgoing.
Yes it's true indian stars so shy , like mine 🤭

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014-150629_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014-150629_Video Player.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 8