How often do I feed my Sulcata hatchling?

lionheartHC

Location (City and/or State)
OH
I now have my enclosure finished! Ambient temps sticking around 85F and humidity is always between 70% and 80%. Side note, he has a humid hide that stays at 100% humidity. Should I shoot for a constant 80% in the entire enclosure at all times or will 70% suffice? My question is how often should I be feeding him? If I put a handful of food in there, he'll eat during the day several times. Should I be letting him have one big feeding each day and then take away the food? I've read that overfeeding can be a factor in pyramiding so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Diet is consisting of:
-Mazuri and wheat grass one day a week.
-Wheat grass, hibiscus leaves and dandelion 4 days a week.
-Salad mixed up of mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens and dandelion greens 2 days a week.
-I'm also giving a pinch of calcium twice a week and a pinch of flukers reptile vitamin once a week.

I know weeds are ideal but I unfortunately fertilized my yard in spring before I even considered getting a Sulcata. Next year we'll be good to go.

Along with diet, he gets soaked 30 minutes each morning and 30 minutes towards the end of the day. I'll also spray his shell a few times each day when I'm misting the enclosure. Any advice is appreciated!

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Feed as much as the tortoise will eat, it will not factor in Pyramiding. What can cause Pyramiding is low Humidity levels.
I usually fed 3-4 Times a Day.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Feed, feed, feed. Put a LARGE bunch of mixed food, greens, blossoms, grape leaves, hibiscus flowers, cactus....etc in there. The more the merrier. Don’t restrict food in take. A wilted squash blossom is food. I’m very unclear why so many folks are wondering how much to feed, or limiting food, or actually not feeding on some days. Feed, feed feed. The larger variety of food the better. I never take away food....our Sully will eat it eventually.