How old are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I need to know how old my sulcata hatchlings are. The lady I bought them from didn't really have an exact answer and said a few months. They are both 2 inches long and 2 inches wide and weigh 25 grams. That seems really small for a 3 month old and was wondering if there's a way to tell how old they are? Thanks for your help!

Please answer! I want to make sure they aren't sick and growing properly.

Please answer! I need to know that they are growing normal for their age and that they aren't sick.

Attachments

• image-1026258424.png
    image-1026258424.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image-702172769.png
    image-702172769.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 42

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
bobbymoore said:
they grow at diffrent weights how long have you had them my hatchling is 5 months now and 110 grams

I'm going on my 2nd week of having them but I have no idea when they hatched?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Without the person who hatched them telling you, there is literally no way of knowing. Focus on providing the best care you can and they'll be growing like weeds in no time.

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
jaizei said:
Without the person who hatched them telling you, there is literally no way of knowing. Focus on providing the best care you can and they'll be growing like weeds in no time.

Can they be this small and 3 months old and be "normal". I'll just go by what she said and that they're 3 months.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Diet plays a big part. Tortoises fed commercial foods (mazuri, etc) grow faster than those that aren't. If they were fed 3x a week they will be smaller than if they were fed daily. As long as they are healthy in all other aspects, I wouldn't be too concerned about their size. There really is no "normal".

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
jaizei said:
Diet plays a big part. Tortoises fed commercial foods (mazuri, etc) grow faster than those that aren't. If they were fed 3x a week they will be smaller than if they were fed daily. As long as they are healthy in all other aspects, I wouldn't be too concerned about their size. There really is no "normal".

I try to feed them the zoomed grassland food but they won't touch it. I soak it and get all mushy but nothing. How do I get them to eat it?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I mix it with pureed cactus. You can chop whatever greens they eat up very small and mix it the the Zoomed.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
They look like mine and they are about 6 weeks old... Not sure how much they weigh...

Attachments

• image-2595339553.png
    image-2595339553.png
    921.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image-1941779537.png
    image-1941779537.png
    868 KB · Views: 17

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
jaizei said:
I mix it with pureed cactus. You can chop whatever greens they eat up very small and mix it the the Zoomed.

Thank you! I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.