How our hobby has grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I am simply amazed how much our hobby has grown. I remember getting my first water turtle 28 years ago, and knowing almost no one who had turtles or tortoises. Then a few years later I joined the CTTC and met up once a month with people who shared my passion, the group was still small back then. Then the internet came along (remember al gore invented it) and I was able to talk with many many people, then came along the TFO a few years back and I met so many people both online and in real life who share my passion for our shelled friends all around the world.
I am simply in awe of how much our hobby has grown, here is to another 50 years or so (for me anyways) of turtle and tortoise care.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I haven't been at it anywhere as long as you,David,but I have seen a lot of new keepers.The first time I had redfoots(1983),it was vastly different. No internet,just the library and friends in Florida that I was depending on for good information. The internet has made tortoisekeeping so much more accessable for folks new to the hobby. TFO would have been a godsend for me then.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Ditto, me too. From one baby aldabra to a wonderful aldabra breeding colony.

30x788z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.