How to be a sneaky tortoise owner? (supplement help)

TheTattooedTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
North Wales, UK
G'day you lovely bunch of tort people!

I've started this thread as I could use a little help with supplementation.. and most importantly- sneaky ways to get it into your tort diet?
I'm currently using (or at least attempting to use) Nutrabol as an additional supplement for Sheldon's diet (eastern hermann, 10 months old).

He eats pretty well generally with a good mix of natural greens here in UK- broadleaf/Ribwort plantain, nipplewort, pansies, dandelions, sow thistle, hawkbit, clover, forget me nots, violas, curly kale etc,
he also has constant access to a cuttlefish bone which he adores...
So I'm not overly stressed that he's not getting a decent amount of his nutritional requirements already but I would really like to be able to include Nutrabol too just to know that he is 100% getting everything he needs.
The trouble is he literally avoids it like it's dog poop... I've tried all manners of sneaking it in, light dusting, applying it only to his faves- pansies always go first. I've even used microscopic amounts so finely spread that a scientist would struggle to find it... and the lil bugger still knows it's there ? I even tried dusting his cuttlefish and all I got was a dirty protest in the form of a tort poop sat on top of it like a cherry ??

So as per the title... how are you guys managing? Any tricks, tips, advice please?

At this point I'd stand on my head and juggle chainsaws if it means the little dude will eat his vitamins!!

Thanks in advance folks ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
With what you are able to feed and him loving the cuttle bone, nothing more is needed. Too much is as bad as too little.
So to not stress yourself out any more don't worry about adding it. When feeding a good natural diet, no supplements are really needed. The option to them of the cuttle is enough.

TheTattooedTortoise

North Wales, UK
With what you are able to feed and him loving the cuttle bone, nothing more is needed. Too much is as bad as too little.
So to not stress yourself out any more don't worry about adding it. When feeding a good natural diet, no supplements are really needed. The option to them of the cuttle is enough.
That's fantastic to hear, I hoped as much but obviously being a new owner I'm still at that 'slightly neurotic' stage so I just wanted to make double sure.
Thanks for the peace of mind @wellington

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's fantastic to hear, I hoped as much but obviously being a new owner I'm still at that 'slightly neurotic' stage so I just wanted to make double sure.
Thanks for the peace of mind @wellington
Good luck with getting out of the slightly neurotic stage. That's why we all need each other so much.?