How to get spider tortoises studbook registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFrederick

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I was hoping someone could explain to me the process on how to get my spider tortoises studbook registered if possible.
I apologize if this question was answered before in a previous post.
I have 2.1 CB brygooi of breeding age and am starting to get eggs from the female these past two years.
I have a decent history of where/whom I got them from, but not all the details.

Thank you

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Hey Brian,

In order to participate and get your animals listed in the North American Regional studbook you need to contact the studbook keeper. The current keeper is Michael Ogle at the Knoxville Zoo. He can get you the form you fill out. I strongly recommend anyone keeping Pyxis to participate in the studbook. I also encourage you to get any hatchlings listed and keep good accurate records of their numbers. One important issue with listing animals in the studbook is keeping track of who is who.

Have you hatched any eggs yet?

BFrederick

5 Year Member
Sorry for the delay. I was away for awhile for the holidays.
Thank you for the information and Michael's contact info.

I have not had success hatching the eggs so far. I was actually able to get them through the diapaus last time and begin developing; but they died in the egg sometime after. I have two more incubating now that I am hopeful for. Unfortunately, with only one female, the number of eggs I get are small. So I basically only have one chance per year, then have to wait.

Brian

Tim/Robin said:
Hey Brian,

In order to participate and get your animals listed in the North American Regional studbook you need to contact the studbook keeper. The current keeper is Michael Ogle at the Knoxville Zoo. He can get you the form you fill out. I strongly recommend anyone keeping Pyxis to participate in the studbook. I also encourage you to get any hatchlings listed and keep good accurate records of their numbers. One important issue with listing animals in the studbook is keeping track of who is who.

Have you hatched any eggs yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.