How to keep warm during transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilygj

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
I am planning on taking my tortoise to the vet- but am needing some advice on how to keep him warm while transporting him? I just don't want him to get too cold... Anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
emilygj said:
I am planning on taking my tortoise to the vet- but am needing some advice on how to keep him warm while transporting him? I just don't want him to get too cold... Anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

As long as your car is warm, they can cope down to 15 degrees easily and lower for a few hours.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I use hand warmers under a towel, I actually use foot Warner's for my big sully. They can get really hot in closed species so you need to be careful. I also always cover the top of whatever container I am using. If you are going to a exotic pet vet that takes care of reptiles so they may have a light or CHE turned on for your tort. Good luck.

abclements

5 Year Member
Just warm up your car before bringing him out if its too cold. Just remember, you can put your tort outside permanently once the weather hits 60 so a couple minutes at 30 wont hurt him at all and the vet building will be plenty warm for him im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.