How to raise humidity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I'm putting the finishing touches on my indoor enclosure..(room in basement 15x20.. hay substrate, with hide box... Question is I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity up..It's at 65% now...but come winter that's going to go down quite a bit... Wondering if it would be Ok to just increase the humidity in there hide.. .was thinking a hose through the wall from the reptile fogger to the back of the hide??

Thoughts??

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Cover part of the enclosure to hold the humidity in and a repti fogger on a timer would help keep the humidity up...

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well it's not an enclosure.. It's a room..So it will be hard to cover any part of it.. I elevated the floor using marine plywood and I built walls..it has 9ft ceiling..I keep a dehumidifier on down there in the play room because in the summer it tends to get musty.. But I have it set at 80% now and it doesn't turn on.. The humidity gauge says 80%. I have a humidifier going in the tort room..it holds a gallon and I have to fill it twice a day and still the humidity doesn't go up..

Was thinking a repti fogger plumbed into there hide on a timer or motion sensor..If on a timer every I was thinking every hour for 15 minutes

Thoughts?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thats a hard one for an entire room, you might have to do a large humid hide if that is plausible..

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Something like a pond or pool with a waterfall or air stone (anything to make bubbles) to keep the water moving will help to increase the humidity in the room. it may have to be raised off the floor to keep the tortoise out. I am forever adding water to mine because of evaporation.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
My redfoots are in a room roughly the same size in the winter. I run 2 vaporizors(warm air type)24-7. They keep the humidity 75-80%. About 4 gallons go through them in a 24 hour period.

Status
Not open for further replies.