How To Raise Sulcata Hatchlings and Babies discussion thread

Stevieturtlelady

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Yes I'm about to feed him he eats about a handful of spring mix sometimes a Bellpepper and sometimes A Hibiscus flower for today just having spring mix and a Bellpepper

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
I batt him every day but i usually use distilled water I was just making sure it's OK to use tap

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany
I batt him every day but i usually use distilled water I was just making sure it's OK to use tap

You don`t need distilled water. Is your tap water clean. Can you drink it ? When yes it is okay for your tort.

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
When you put a lid on the environment doesn't that cut off air ? I read that in the article and I'm a little confused

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
The tapwater is clean where I live but I do not have access to healthy grass I live in a town home so the grass is treated with fertilizer

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
I'll try to go find a strawberry too sometimes , can they eat strawberries ? The spring mix has a lot of protein some of the things listed on the list we do not have at our local grocery store.

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
My grandmother's grass is not fertilize though I can cut some and sprinkle it on his food.

Bee62

Germany
You can put a lid on the enclosure. There will be enough air left.
Please read the two threads I have linked. They explain all what you need to know about your little tort. About food and healthy condition they need.
Please come back with your questions after reading the threads.
I have to go "offline" now for a while. See you later in the evening.

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
I read the two articles I'm just scared that they won't be enough air, thank you for your help

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I read the articles the food they're listing doesn't sell near me
I would suggest you start a new thread under the sulcata section here, and discuss all these issues and get ideas specifically for your situation. There's lots of things a lot of members here can suggest to help you out. That way we can follow your ongoing questions and see the advice given already to you.