How to seal/store mazuri

JLM

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola Florida
after tiring of spending the money on the smaller bags of mazuri I broke down and bought the 25# bag. Has anyone had good success at repacking and storing in smaller quantities. I have a food vacuum would that work? Looking for your successful ideas.

drew54

Indiana
after tiring of spending the money on the smaller bags of mazuri I broke down and bought the 25# bag. Has anyone had good success at repacking and storing in smaller quantities. I have a food vacuum would that work? Looking for your successful ideas.

Should be able bag it for storage. That stuff stays good for a long time.

Reactions: JLM

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I transfer mine to gallon zip-locks, makes 10 one gallon bags that fit right on my deep freeze door. I save the powdered Mazuri from the bottom of the bag and add some to soaks for flavor.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep...i have several tall plastic containers saved that used to hold snack type items. I fill these up and store in the pantry. I have a few in our old fridge, as well. No difference. Mazuri seems to store perfectly well for a long time. No bug infestations, etc.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Yep...i have several tall plastic containers saved that used to hold snack type items. I fill these up and store in the pantry. I have a few in our old fridge, as well. No difference. Mazuri seems to store perfectly well for a long time. No bug infestations, etc.
Hadnt thought of the plastic containers. Grsat idea!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Cool and dry is key.
Frankly I've never had any that went "bad" in an open feed hopper for months on end.
However, I did have one bag that I left open and a plague of moths flew out and invaded my whole house!