How to treat a fat tortois's nick sores? Cast leftovers?

Demir94

Location (City and/or State)
Saudi Arabia
Hi
so my tortoise is recovering and only poops very little, she got fat in return
and I'm feeding her much less now.
but I noticed her nick skin peeled off and became kind of sticky from trying
to tuck into her shell.

https://ibb.co/KGrs1z0

I fear she might get injured if this keeps up as she can't lose weight fast right now.
Any idea how to treat it to prevent further complications? oil? cream?

Also, my tortoise had a cast for a while and now that its removed, there are leftovers that doctors couldn't remove.
Any idea how I can clean her up of those?

https://ibb.co/NF93JWc

knowing that she can't get wet for a while to make sure the injury healed fully.
any help is appreciated but please don't tell me to visit a vet,
my local vets said they've done everything they know.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I would think you might want to check the conditions in how she is being kept ? substrate , temperature , lighting , hides ……... keeping her in optimal conditions where she's not stressed would be a good start , and possibly all that can be done ……… I assume her shell got cracked ? that would involve quite a bit of trauma , how long ago ? personally if I thought she was doing badly , i'd make sure she was clean and i'd soak her as usual in clean water , possibly water with an antibiotic in it , and provide her with water as usual …….. dehydrated and stressed , from what I've seen pretty much equals death …...………

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is it possible the vet gave her a vitamin a,d,e injection? Sometimes the vitamin A causes the skin to slough off. That doesn't look like the shell is causing the problem. It looks like a vitamin A overdose. Keep Neosporin or other type of first aid ointment on the raw place until it heals. Pat it dry with a paper towel so the ointment will adhere to the raw flesh.

Try to find a non-toxic nail polish remover to get rid of the tape stuck on the shell. If you can't find it in the store, look it up online.

Demir94

Saudi Arabia
Is it possible the vet gave her a vitamin a,d,e injection? Sometimes the vitamin A causes the skin to slough off. That doesn't look like the shell is causing the problem. It looks like a vitamin A overdose. Keep Neosporin or other type of first aid ointment on the raw place until it heals. Pat it dry with a paper towel so the ointment will adhere to the raw flesh.

Try to find a non-toxic nail polish remover to get rid of the tape stuck on the shell. If you can't find it in the store, look it up online.

He did!
And he gave me a multivitamin with high vitamin a concentration as well ~
Thank you so much.
Will do as you recommended.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stop using the vitamins immediately!! Don't even think about supplementing with vitamins. Let's hope the peeling skin doesn't get worse. Do a 'net search for how to treat tortoise for overdose of vitamin A.