How wet is too wet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatDamnSasquatch

5 Year Member
So we got a solid rain today, and about half way through the storm I went out to check on my CHRFs, and they were both tucked snugly in their hides. But I dug down in the corner of their enclosure and their substrate was saturated all the way through, and i was wondering if this was now "too wet"?

Basically just afraid of too much moisture causing shell rot and wondering how quickly I should be focusing on either replacing substrate with dry or trying to mix it around to "air it out". Thanks in advance for any input.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I gather their hide where they were was dry? Trying to visualize...got pics:)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
ThatDamnSasquatch said:
So we got a solid rain today, and about half way through the storm I went out to check on my CHRFs, and they were both tucked snugly in their hides. But I dug down in the corner of their enclosure and their substrate was saturated all the way through, and i was wondering if this was now "too wet"?

Basically just afraid of too much moisture causing shell rot and wondering how quickly I should be focusing on either replacing substrate with dry or trying to mix it around to "air it out". Thanks in advance for any input.

Shell rot doesnt happen over night, What state are you in

ThatDamnSasquatch

5 Year Member
I'm in Texas. I ended up removing all of the substrate due to an unrelated ant issue and replacing with dry. I think in the future I will be able to regulate it better knowing now how much rain it can and cannot handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.