How's the weather in NYC today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
My 11 year old is on a field trip with her class to Ellis Island, The Statue of Liberty and the South Street Seaport. I am so worried because we are getting hit with major thunder storms. A lot of her trip is walking around outside. She won't be home until 8:30 tonight!!!! I have been in contact with one of the other mom's who is chaperoning via text but have not heard anything for hours. Is anyone in that area? If so, how's the weather?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
sorry I haven't been on all day! I was in class 9:45-4:45...it went from some rain to clear patches. I heard thunder once.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thank's Peter I just picked her up. She had less rain than we did :).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
How was her field trip?? I saw the Statue and went to Ellis Island a few years ago :) Pretty cool! Found some of our ancestors' information.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
She loved it and did find my maiden name on the wall. Sadly being an eleven year old her favorite part was the coach bus they took to get there. She did also love the ferry and she said the statue of liberty was beautiful up close.
That is really great that you went, I want to go.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would love someday to see the Statue of Liberty. Have to say from driving past in the truck, I have been disappointed in that from the distance she looks smaller (and greener :D) then my mind had always pictured her.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I think I always see her from the top of the George Washington bridge and think the same thing. I want to see her up close, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.