HS homecoming football trip.

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Kerry and I drove up to Long Island for her nephews Homecoming game. A fun 28 hrs!

We left from my home at 5AM Sat.....on the NJ turnpike, I found a machine that sells CAKE!!

CAKE! (see the sign at the bottom of the machine?)

No Kidding!

The downfall of it

NO MILK!! LOL
20221015_065208.jpg

Football games are always fun and it's kind of hard for the old guy to go to a HS game w/o looking like a CREEP so this was a treat. Sean is listed @265 and plays RT, 2nd yr he's played in his life....too bad he's a Senior. He was in Acting and Stage but was unable to stomach the "culture".

I let Kerry drive my truck for which she popped for a 50 buck wash/wax for it! Wow! She did this last year too....incidentally, it was the last time truck was washed...LOL Come on, its a truck...the inside stays immaculate but I generally don't worry about the outside of the truck. It does look nice though, thank you honey!!

Took a pic from the Goethals bridge....obstructed view but you can see the Freedom Tower in the background.

20221015_083849_HDR.jpg

Home team won...so badly we were hoping the other team would get on the board. Late in the 3rd they got to the 4.....where their running back recreated "The Fumble". It was ugly but an ugly win IS a win.

20221015_135838.jpg

On the way back today, the Wilmington Mem bridge with the edge of Wilmington on the right side....

20221016_080321.jpg

This is where we had a little "issue" on the trip. Remember that we left from my house part?

Can you see where this is going?

YUP, we chatted right along, not paying attention and past the 95S exit as Kerry, by habit, drove towards her home on the Eastern shore of the bay (I live on the Western btwn Annapolis and Balt).....we were so far along by the time we realized it, we just passed her house coming home to mine!! THAT is such a "kerry thing".....we laughed for 20 miles!

I should have known it was going to be that kind of w/e for her. She called my on the landline at my office at 6am Fri morning...5 minutes into the conversation, she asked me if I was working at home....LOL

Good times though...family is good, got to talk to dad for a couple hours...93 year old, in better shape than me, smart, fearless in discussions and intensely curious. Great conversationalist!

enjoy the evening....beautiful out here 62F and Matilda was out when we finally made it to my house. Kerry played with her and we weighed her....she's going well and is always happy to see Kerry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cake from a machine, no thanks. I have only had candy bars, chips and pop from a machine. I'm very adventurous when it comes to food, at a restaurant or home only. Not machines.
Sounds like you had some fun times.

OliveW

Branford, FL
Personally, I would LOVE to have a cake machine nearby. LOL I'd give it a shot for sure. If it sucked, I just wouldn't use it again, but in the photo it looks pretty amazing.

Did a quick Google search and found out Carlo's cake machines are owned by a guy from Cake Boss. Heck yeah, I'd love to run into one somewhere.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love cake, especially scratch- Angel Food cake......but I have to have milk with it.

Kerry said the price was $8.95..a bit pricy to me.

OliveW

Branford, FL
I love cake, especially scratch- Angel Food cake......but I have to have milk with it.

Kerry said the price was $8.95..a bit pricy to me.

In the article I read, it said $9.95, so you must have run into a bargain machine. 😂
I'd still try it at $10, as a one time novelty. From what I read, it tastes exactly the same as from the bakery, only difference is consistency of frosting. I don't eat frosting anyway, so I could deal with that.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It prob was 9.95, I don't hear well and pay attention, worse

I told my oldest today on the phone about it and she was all in till she heard about the lack of milk....LOL

I'll take OW's frosting please!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
In the article I read, it said $9.95, so you must have run into a bargain machine. 😂
I'd still try it at $10, as a one time novelty. From what I read, it tastes exactly the same as from the bakery, only difference is consistency of frosting. I don't eat frosting anyway, so I could deal with that.

Mail order cake is a slippery slope but one time won't hurt anything

OliveW

Branford, FL
I'm so tempted! Mail order cake ..... 💁‍♀️ who knew? 😂

Seriously, if I'm going to mail order up some sugar and calories, it's going to be See's candy - nuts and chews, please. LOL