Huge improvement in my Russian!

brittjoslyn211

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share some interesting and awesome news. I recently built my Russian a 5 foot by 3 foot enclosure. He was previously in a 40 gallon tank. Now that he has been in his new home, his personality has come out! He's much more lively and eats like crazy! He has so much more space to roam and bask. In his tank he would be so paranoid because he could see his reflection. Now that he doesn't have to worry about seeing another "tortoise", he's MUCH more happy. Wanted to thank everyone for helping me out with his new home :)

1433015948195.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That's great news. Good job on the new enclosure.

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
looks really cool, whats the plant in the bottom right side of the picture? It looks like one of those plastic aquarium plants, some sort of fern?

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
Aren't you worried that he will try to eat them and ingest some? I'm asking cause I know my girl would, the little bucket I use to clean the poop is green and she always tries to eat it

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
What a nice job! I bet he's loving his new space!
Aren't you worried that he will try to eat them and ingest some? I'm asking cause I know my girl would, the little bucket I use to clean the poop is green and she always tries to eat it
Interjecting opinion ;)
I have fake plants, since it's the only thing mr russian and I can't kill, and he snaps at them.
Maybe after a taste she'll realize they aren't alive :)

brittjoslyn211

From what I've seen, he's never tried to eat his fake plants. Maybe if he has he realized they aren't real :).

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
Alright, I guess my tortoise has an IQ below average then ;) She has bitten the bucket multiple times. To be fair it is green and has a yellow handle so it essentially looks like a misshaped dandelion

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Alright, I guess my tortoise has an IQ below average then ;) She has bitten the bucket multiple times. To be fair it is green and has a yellow handle so it essentially looks like a misshaped dandelion
Hmmm.
So just like a dandelion then.