Humidity - Northern Ibera Greek Baby

Mluxo91

Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
Hi all -

I am a new tortoise owner. My new baby Northern Ibera Greek tortoise should arrive tomorrow in Vermont from Tyler over at Tortoise supply.

I have the baby enclosure set up and have been working on dialing in the temp/humidity and would like some input. I set up the enclosure/lights and added the substrate/rocks/hide. I've measure temp/humidity in multiple places in the enclosure. On top of the basking rock, I get about 90 degrees, obviously lower humidity. The hide is around 70/75 degrees with 80% humidity, ambient seems to be 75 degrees but lower humidity (65%ish). Does that seem adequate with the humidity all over the board? I know humidity needs to be higher for babies, but is it more soil moisture and humidity in the hide that matters most?

Here is a couple pictures of my set up.

Thanks!IMG_20220815_180800850_HDR.jpgIMG_20220814_162203180_HDR.jpgIMG_20220813_194744602_HDR.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Deep damp substrate, a humid hide or two, and daily soaks should satisfy the humidity and hydration requirements. They will shimmy down into the substrate and create little microclimate pockets of humidity to rest in.

Here is my care info: