humidity

Demi J

Hey Everyone! So another question okay so I put the wood over the tank and the humidity went up to 80 but the temperature is between 95-100. I did read that with all the information everyone provided me but my tort is only 9 months is it going to cook the little guy?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
Hey Everyone! So another question okay so I put the wood over the tank and the humidity went up to 80 but the temperature is between 95-100. I did read that with all the information everyone provided me but my tort is only 9 months is it going to cook the little guy?
is the entire take that temps? he should have part of the tank to cool off if he gets to hot.

Demi J

is the entire take that temps? he should have part of the tank to cool off if he gets to hot.

Well I have the power sun light bulb and its 100 waltz the other side of the tanks doesnt have any lights on but im not sure what the temperature I just have it on one side but right now hes on the cooler side?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yeah, from what I've read you must have a cool area because in nature, if the temp gets much over 90, the sulcata will go into its burrow and lie dormant til it cools down. So your tortoise will try to dig,hide and sleep. He needs a hot spot for basking but must have a cool spot to escape to like russian/sulcata/ tortoise says and he knows his onions.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Potatoes are a definite no-no and possibly even dangerous to feed.
Avocado is possibly ok as a treat, but not the skin or peel, apparently.
Personally, I wouldn't do either.