Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is my female Florida soft shell. Her head at the widest point is about 2" across. Wish you could see her carapace, but that's as close as she would come.

turtle-1.jpg

And this is the Phrynops hillari. She scares me sometimes because she's not afraid at all. If I'm not paying attention, she climbs out and attacks my feet. I can reach in and pick her up she's so tame.

turtle-2.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Oooh, love the Hilari. One of those that I would love to have, if I had room. I hear they are one of the most brave and bullet proof turtles ever.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And BIG!!! That's an 8" female RES beside her. They don't hibernate, however, they can live through our cold winters just fine with no problem.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
OMG she is HUGE!!! I knew they were BIG, but it is hard to put it into perspective until you have a comparison. How awesome!

How cold does it get where you are at?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It gets cold and frosty, but only once in the 11 years I've lived here has the pond frozen over.

This year I'm going to have to dig it out again. MUCH work!! It used to be about 6' deep in the middle, now its only a foot or so and if I don't leave a hose on low 24/7 it gets so empty you can see the whole bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.