Hurricane Helene a major threat!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hey all you guys in Florida! I am watching Helene, and sure hope you are too. Even South Florida will feel this one. @ZEROPILOT and others - be alert and please, secure yourselves, families and critters and stay safe!
Tammy, honestly! They're too busy nailing up plywood and hauling sandbags to take time for your posts now! Sheesh 🙄

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hey all you guys in Florida! I am watching Helene, and sure hope you are too. Even South Florida will feel this one. @ZEROPILOT and others - be alert and please, secure yourselves, families and critters and stay safe!
It won't be an event down here.
We get pretty violent thunderstorms daily with or without a front.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240925_104059_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20240925_104059_Weather.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
It looks like I just got tomorrow and Friday off of work. That sucker is turning east. Still a weak cat 1.
I'm on the counties emergency response team. So I'll probably be going out to different schools doing damage assessments on Friday. But I don't think anyone in Broward has reason to fear anything except flooding.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks like I just got tomorrow and Friday off of work. That sucker is turning east. Still a weak cat 1.
I'm on the counties emergency response team. So I'll probably be going out to different schools doing damage assessments on Friday. But I don't think anyone in Broward has reason to fear anything except flooding.
On our news they said it will be a cat 4 when it hits land. A cat 1 when it gets to Atlanta Georgia.
Hopefully it all down grades before it hits.
We might get some high winds from it Friday and Saturday. Rain for four days straight from it starting Friday.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
On our news they said it will be a cat 4 when it hits land. A cat 1 when it gets to Atlanta Georgia.
Hopefully it all down grades before it hits.
We might get some high winds from it Friday and Saturday. Rain for four days straight from it starting Friday.
I just saw that

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jim Cantore is in Tallahassee so you know that is not good!
I just heard about him yesterday. I never heard of him before or never paid attention to him. I had to look him up. Too funny. My friend in Georgia was hoping he stayed away from her area lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jim Cantore is in Tallahassee so you know that is not good!
Tallahassee is where they are telling people to go to hunker down. If it's bad news to have that Jim Cantore there, he might be in danger of being tossed out lol

juliet4364

Palm coast Florida
Still only rain bands here in palm coast, east coast so hoping for calmer forcasts

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We have a lot of people here in Jamaica whose lives have been destroyed by Hurricane Beryl, whereas I just lost a few banana trees! I was very lucky.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We have a lot of people here in Jamaica whose lives have been destroyed by Hurricane Beryl, whereas I just lost a few banana trees! I was very lucky.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We are supposed to get some rain here in Ohio from her and the Lord knows we need it. So she should just hurry up and be done with it. We've had a record breaking drought. I've only had to have the yard mowed a few times the whole summer. The quicker she gets here the quicker she leaves my friends alone. You know what I think of mother nature 😉 I'm trying very hard not to call her what she is.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We are supposed to get some rain here in Ohio from her and the Lord knows we need it. So she should just hurry up and be done with it. We've had a record breaking drought. I've only had to have the yard mowed a few times the whole summer. The quicker she gets here the quicker she leaves my friends alone. You know what I think of mother nature 😉 I'm trying very hard not to call her what she is.
We were getting 4 days of rain from her as of yesterday. Today they changed it too one. But out temps for next week went from the 60's to now the 70's with even an 80.
We finally got rain this past weekend for about 2 or 3 days so we are finally good on that.