Hurricane Irene & Torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondeangel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Charleston, SC
Angrycowgoesmoo said:
Um sorry but what's hurricane irene? I'm in a state that barely gets any dangerous weather so I don't know what it is.

I would take a peak at the news, because it is supposed to land in NC as a major hurricane, then go over DC as a hurricane, and I think you live near there, yes?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
SulcataSquirt said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Myrtle Beach lucky again. Poor North Carolina always gets the brunt of the storm. But, if it comes this way Franklin T. has the bath tub all line up for safety

I notice you have a big variety of other animals as well.. where do you keep all of them when something is heading your way? Just put them in their own barn/shed and hope for the best?
The only ones I worry about is the horse and the pony. They will just stay in their pasture. That way they will not get trapped in their barn. The cats will find their own shelter they are out door cats. If I need to I will bring in the rabbits and the tortoise. The koi probably won't even notice the storm. The rest of the animal live inside any way.
But, I think we are just going to get some 40 mph winds in my area. So I think we are going to be lucky again. I will still watch it just in case.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
We have a Horse and a poney that live down the street from us ("Sophie" & Fresca") and one day they escaped and went trotting around the neighborhood together. It was really funny how they were inseparable!

We are preparing for the hurricane here in CT. Although it will probably only be a tropical depression by the time it gets here but better safe than sorry!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
FranklinTturtle said:
SulcataSquirt said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Myrtle Beach lucky again. Poor North Carolina always gets the brunt of the storm. But, if it comes this way Franklin T. has the bath tub all line up for safety

I notice you have a big variety of other animals as well.. where do you keep all of them when something is heading your way? Just put them in their own barn/shed and hope for the best?
The only ones I worry about is the horse and the pony. They will just stay in their pasture. That way they will not get trapped in their barn. The cats will find their own shelter they are out door cats. If I need to I will bring in the rabbits and the tortoise. The koi probably won't even notice the storm. The rest of the animal live inside any way.
But, I think we are just going to get some 40 mph winds in my area. So I think we are going to be lucky again. I will still watch it just in case.
Very true about not trapping them in the shed, I didn't even think of that. Told you I've never experienced a hurricane. :) Well good luck and hope that's all you get.
CtTortoiseMom said:
We have a Horse and a poney that live down the street from us ("Sophie" & Fresca") and one day they escaped and went trotting around the neighborhood together. It was really funny how they were inseparable!

We are preparing for the hurricane here in CT. Although it will probably only be a tropical depression by the time it gets here but better safe than sorry!
Yeah never hurts to at least acknowledge it could be bad, at least you'll be mentally prepared for it. Hope you guys don't get hit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.