Hygrometer/ Thermometer Questions

ApartmentTortoise

5 Year Member
Hey guys!

Just wondering, what types of hygrometers and thermometers do you use for your tortoise enclosures?
What about the outdoor enclosures?
Are the digital combo ones any good from exo-terra?
Is there anything I should stay away from?
THANKS!!!

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Something like this might be good for you : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013BKDO8/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I have a thermometer/hydrometer that's similar to this one and made under the same brand. Another forum member recommended the AcuRite brand to me, and mine is working excellent so far! These are also nice because they show the you highs and the lows for that day.

ApartmentTortoise

5 Year Member
Great, thanks! I was looking at the Acurite brand, but I wasn't sure if I should go with that or one that was specifically made for reptiles. My old exo-terra one has stopped working, and I'm worried that I might be drying Raph out. I should also ask- a friend of mine says that he keeps two in his reptile enclosures: one right by the basking light and one by the cooler end. Should I be doing the same? I've only really ever had one and would just move it around to check temperatures (maybe that's why it stopped working).

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Whichever method works better for you should be fine. I just move my thermometer around, but it could very well be beneficial to have two.