I’m a bit concerned (pesticides?)

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I’ll try to keep this short. My grandfather gave me a pot of campanula that he’s had for years intended for my torts to eat. I took them knowing that I wouldn’t use them because of pesticides and all but I didn’t tell him that.

Anyway, last night we had some strong wind and when I put the torts out I noticed there was a single campanula leaf in the enclosure and would you believe that was the first thing patty the tortoise went for ;( and she ate the small leaf.
Could this harm her? I have no idea if it still has pesticide in it as it is a few years old.

Since then she has eaten all her breakfast, gone for a daily afternoon stroll round her enclosure and I even gave her snacks in the evening as I was so worried and wanted to see if she was still her self. She ate everything as always. She is now completely buried in her bed now.:)

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I’m a bit worried

Ben

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I think she'll be fine ... lotsa water and soaking and good food to flush out the suspect leaf.

Fingers crossed.

Jamie

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
She’s got up to bask this morning and seems fine, if it did have pesticide on it how long does it need to affect the tort?

Hertfordshire
I’ll try to keep this short. My grandfather gave me a pot of campanula that he’s had for years intended for my torts to eat. I took them knowing that I wouldn’t use them because of pesticides and all but I didn’t tell him that.

Anyway, last night we had some strong wind and when I put the torts out I noticed there was a single campanula leaf in the enclosure and would you believe that was the first thing patty the tortoise went for ;( and she ate the small leaf.
Could this harm her? I have no idea if it still has pesticide in it as it is a few years old.

Since then she has eaten all her breakfast, gone for a daily afternoon stroll round her enclosure and I even gave her snacks in the evening as I was so worried and wanted to see if she was still her self. She ate everything as always. She is now completely buried in her bed now.:)

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I’m a bit worried

Ben
Has your grandfather been using pesticides on them himself?
As after about 6months of growth after using pesticides they should be ok to eat xxx
Vicky

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Has your grandfather been using pesticides on them himself?
As after about 6months of growth after using pesticides they should be ok to eat xxx
Vicky
Thank you Vicky, he said he can’t recall using any, he also said he tends not to use pesticide because he gets lots of neighbour cats in his garden.