I’m back? New tortoise soon

Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
hey everyone, I don’t know how much this forum has changed since I last logged in, but it’s safe to say it’s been a while. A little about me, I took in my first and only sulcata tortoise from a shady website (tortoise town) last October, and while the little guy degraded fast due to pre arrival issues, my lack of research is what I believe ultimately led to his demise. It took a toll on my mental health watching a little tortoise that had so much life ahead fade away because I never even found an article saying they needed an enclosed chamber. But, it’s been almost a year, and I think I’m ready to do things right with either a new sulcata or leopard tortoise I plan to purchase from the grapevine Texas repticon this August. This forum layout is kind of tricky, if anybody has any helpful tips, or an updated care guide on either species, I’m all ears. Glad to be back

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
So sorry for your loss.
There are stickies - posts that are always there - at the top of the thread with the care notes you need. When you open the sulcata section just go to the top posts.
Good luck with your new tortoise, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures. [emoji4]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
hey everyone, I don’t know how much this forum has changed since I last logged in, but it’s safe to say it’s been a while. A little about me, I took in my first and only sulcata tortoise from a shady website (tortoise town) last October, and while the little guy degraded fast due to pre arrival issues, my lack of research is what I believe ultimately led to his demise. It took a toll on my mental health watching a little tortoise that had so much life ahead fade away because I never even found an article saying they needed an enclosed chamber. But, it’s been almost a year, and I think I’m ready to do things right with either a new sulcata or leopard tortoise I plan to purchase from the grapevine Texas repticon this August. This forum layout is kind of tricky, if anybody has any helpful tips, or an updated care guide on either species, I’m all ears. Glad to be back

Welcome back and good luck starting fresh!

All the info you need is here, but you also need to START with a tort from a respected trusted breeder who starts them right, keeps them hydrated and gets them eating a rounded diet. Careful at Repticon

Check if @Lancecham has any youngsters.... ive had only the best experience from him.

Care sheet - https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/